What is a self-paced course?
All of the online courses are self-paced. Self-paced courses are designed for independent study, allowing you to work on your own. As such, no formal meetings with your instructor are required in order for you to successfully complete your course.
How long do I have to complete a course?
You have 45 days to successfully complete a course. All assignments within a course must be submitted within the 45-day window.
Is a participant required to pass all assignments in order to obtain credit?
A student must successfully complete all assignments in order to obtain credit for the course(s) taken.
How long will it take for my instructor to grade my work?
- FOR INSTRUCTIONAL STRATEGIES VS ACTIVITIES: Once the assessment, evaluation, and all assignments are submitted, your coursework will be processed and graded as pass or fail. If you fail the course, you will not receive CEUs or a Completion of Course certificate. You will receive notice of your grade within 14 days of submitting the coursework.
- FOR OTHER ONLINE COURSES: Instructors must grade student assignments within seven business days of their submission. Please contact your instructor via the messaging tool within Canvas, the online content delivery platform, if you have specific questions regarding an assignment.
I failed an assignment. Can I resubmit it?
Students who receive a failing grade on an assignment may re-submit it once, making revisions based upon instructor feedback.
How many times can a student resubmit an assignment in a course?
A student may resubmit an assignment once. An instructor may use their discretion based on his or her circumstances, i.e. they misunderstood the instructor’s feedback, etc.
If a participant resubmits an assignment that reflects no revision can the instructor decline the opportunity for the student to resubmit?
Yes, upon the initial submission of an assignment, the instructor reviews and provides descriptive feedback about the modifications that a participant must make to obtain a passing grade. Therefore, it is not a good use of an instructor’s time to do so a second time. If a student does need to resubmit an assignment, the instructor will clarify in their feedback that they will only have one additional opportunity to resubmit.
Is it possible to receive an extension to complete course assignments?
Extensions will be granted for a fee of $5 per week, for up to three weeks, or 21 days. If you try to request an extension the day after your original or extended deadline, or later, your request will be denied.
Please submit a request stating the circumstance that necessitates the request to Briana Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for an extension.
How many times is a participant able to retake a course?
If a student has failed a course the first time, they may retake the same course one additional time, but will have to pay the initial course fee again.
What is the Academic Integrity Policy?
- Absolute academic honesty and integrity is expected from every participant. The following are considered to be serious violations:
- Plagiarism: the use of another’s ideas, data, or words without proper acknowledgement.
- Fabrication: the use of invented information or the falsification of research or other findings with the intent to deceive.
- Collusion: improper collaboration with another in preparing assignments or projects.
- Cheating: an act of deception by which a student misrepresents that he/she has mastered information on an academic exercise that he/she has not mastered.
- Academic Misconduct: tampering with grades, or taking part in obtaining or distributing any part of student work that is not his/her own.
- Violation(s) or suspected violation(s) will be investigated and reported to the North Mississippi Education Consortium and building administrators. Violations could result in loss of credit for the modules completed.
Can I collaborate with others on my assignments?
Module assignments are designed to be completed independently by the enrolled participant.
Exceptions to this policy are acceptable with building administrator authorization as long as:
- Each participant includes the names of all collaborators on the submitted
- Each participant lists the name, title, and email of the building administrator authorizing the group work.