Due to the four-way at Hathorn Road/Chucky Mullins Drive being transformed into a round-about, accessing our office from Chucky Mullins Drive will no longer be an option starting May 16, 2017. We are told the construction will only last through the summer, but that may change. To help you navigate around Oxford, see the below […]
The North Mississippi Education Consortium is a partnership between forty one North Mississippi public school districts, three community colleges, and the University of Mississippi School of Education. Its purpose is to provide a means whereby participating members can assure quality educational programs through cooperative efforts and shared resources, for the benefit of students and communities being served.
These efforts include: pooling local resources for special projects; professional development; sharing of expertise among members; identifying and securing revenues for cooperative projects, and exerting influence on state and national educational issues.
We’re proud to offer some of the best professional development workshops in the South. NMEC works with renowned educators from across the country to develop all of our content and bring it directly to the individuals who need it.
NMEC is overseen by a Board of Directors comprised of consortia members and other academia professionals in Mississippi.
2016-2017 Board of Directors
- David Rock – UM School of Education
- Mike Eaton – Itawamba Community College
- Gearl Loden – Tupelo School District
- Don Clanton – Northeast Community College
- Ken Basil – Union County School District
- Frank Campbell – South Tippah School District
- Mike Moore – Calhoun County School District
- Ricky Ford – Northwest Community College
- Todd English – Booneville School District
- Jackie Ford – New Albany City School District
- Jay Foster – Senatobia School District
- Adam Pugh – Lafayette School District
The board helps guide NMEC down the path that best serves the teachers and students in our region, our state, and our country.
Dr. Cecil Weeks
Dr. C.L. Stevenson
Mrs. Susan Scott
Mrs. Briana Stewart
Ms. Anna Brantley
Educational Outreach Specialist
Dr. Marvin Williams
Video Production Coordinator
All NMEC activities are funded via:
- Membership Dues
- Workshop Revenue
Other MS Consortia
- Gulf Coast Education Initiative Consortium
- Delta Area Association for Improvement of School
- East Mississippi Center for Educational Development
- Southwest Mississippi Educational Consortium
- Southern – Regional Educational Service Agency