Completed in 1848, the Lyceum was the first building constructed on campus. Over the years, it has served as both an academic and administrative center for the university.
Throughout the history of Ole Miss football, the Rebels have won six Southeastern Conference titles (1947, 1954, 1955, 1960, 1962, and 1963) and claim three national titles (1959, 1960 and 1962).
The Grove provides a natural setting for many student activities and university events.
Built in 1934 with an annex added in 2010, the Classic Revival style building originally was the University Hospital and housed the School of Medicine. Over time, it has housed the Student Health Service, Air Science Tactics, and the Departments of Aerospace Studies and Military Science. Since a full renovation in 2003, it has been home to the School of Education.
When it chartered the University of Mississippi on February 24, 1844, the Mississippi Legislature laid the foundation for public higher education in the state. The university opened its doors to 80 students four years later and for 23 years was Mississippi’s only public institution of higher learning. For 110 years, it was the state’s only comprehensive university.
In the fall of 1998, a “Walk of Champions” arch was erected on the east side of the The Grove, where the Rebel players begin their walk for every Saturday home game. The “Walk of Champions” arch was given to the University by the 1962 Rebel football team, which is the only squad in Ole Miss football history to finish a campaign with a perfect record (10-0). The 1962 team won the SEC title and was also named National Champion by the Litkenhous Ratings.
Home of the North Mississippi Education Consortium, Insight Park is a 19 acre research and business park adjacent to The University of Mississippi campus in Oxford. The mission of Insight Park is to provide a dynamic research park where businesses can take full advantage of opportunities for collaborative research, academic resources and more.
Home to William Faulkner and his family for over 40 years, Rowan Oak was originally built in 1844, and stands on over 29 acres of land just south of the Square in Oxford, MS.
ONLINE COURSES + CEUs, SEMIs, & OSLs
Our extensive library of professional development allows you to quickly and affordably gain valuable information while instantly earning CEUs, SEMIs, or OSLs.